Devon Tour - Selection Criteria
Dates for the 2013 Tour are 18-23rd August 2013
Age of swimmers:
|10yrs, 11 yrs & 12 yrs, age as at 31st Dec of year of Tour
|Number of swimmers:
||6 each age group, both male & female, max total 36 swimmers
|Selection made by:
||Head Coach of the Coventry Beacon Programme
||1) Must have been a member of the club since the 1st August of the
year preceding the Tour (i.e. for 2013 Tour must have been a member since 1st August 2012)
2) Renewed their membership by the 1st February of the
year of the tour.
- Selection is made from Sprint Night Times only. Selected swimmers must
have competed in a minimum of one sprint night since 1st August-31st December
- First draft of selections made from September, October, November &
December Sprint Nights 2012
- The Team is to be selected from swimmers who have made themselves
available. Availability forms need to be completed by 30th November 2012 and returned to the club
Order of priority for selection:
1) Those swimmers who have not been on the tour in previous years
2) Those that have been on the tour once
3) Those that have been on the tour twice
Updated: 16th October 2012
- The fastest swimmers in each stroke are selected that amounts to the
fastest accumulative time for a 100m IM.
- The other two places are given to the next two fastest swimmers on
- Swimmers monthly training session attendance will be taken into
consideration and a base of 60% attendance will be used.
- Swimmers to confirm selection place by sending Tour organisers a
£10 non-refundable deposit and the Club Membership Secretary the Club membership for 2013 by
1st February 2013. After this date a reminder letter will be sent and if no payment as above
received by 10th February 2013 reserves will be invited.
- All selections have to be approved by the Tour Organiser & Team
- A meeting will be held with all parents of potential swimmers in
- In the event of a query over selection please contact the Head Coach of
the Coventry Beacon Programme.
- In the event of a query over the organisation of the tour please
contact the Tour Organiser
Swimming Event Entry
Swimming Event Results